Keep Your Pets Safe This Paw-liday!
The winter holidays are fun for us humans, but our parties, decorations, and festive foods can put our pets at risk! Here are a few tips for keeping your animal companion safe this season:
- Skip the tinsel if you have cats. They’re very attracted to shiny objects and you don’t want them ingesting tinsel.
- Keep pets away from holly, mistletoe, poinsettias and lilies, which are toxic to animals.
- Secure your tree to a doorway or strong drapery pole with fishing line to keep it from falling over if your dog bumps it or your cat tries to climb it.
- Chocolate, raisins, grapes, onions, currants, macadamia nuts and walnuts are all on the naughty list for pets as these foods can make them seriously ill. Also, beware xylitol (an artificial sweetener found in chewing gum, candy and peanut butter) which can cause illness and even death.
- Put your pet in another room with toys and a bed when having a party or large gathering. This way your dog, and especially your cat, will be less stressed.
Need more help preparing your pet for the holiday? Give us a call at 580-353-0344.